Ministry of Primary Industries
Agriculture Sector Modernization Project
Component: 1, Agriculture Value Chain Development
RECRUITMENT OF PROJECT STAFF
International Development Agency of the World Bank has agreed for a Country Partnership Strategy (CPS) in two areas namely; “Supporting structural shifts in the economy” and “Improved living standards and social inclusion”. In view of achieving the above strategic objectives, Component 1 of the project for Value Chain Development promotes commercial and export-oriented agriculture; attract and leverage investments from farmer producer organizations and agribusiness for high value agriculture production and value addition; and provides the enabling environment, incentives and access to finance for such investments through matching grants, technical assistance support, linkages to the commercial banking sector, and a Partial Credit Guarantee (PCG) facility . The project implementation period is 5 years and estimated cost of the project is US$ 58.63 million.
Applications are invited from experienced and qualified citizens of Sri Lanka to fill the following positions in the Agriculture Sector Modernization Project under Ministry of Primary Industries.
* Management Assistant – 01 Posts (Colombo)
* Having passed the G.C.E (O/L) examination in six (6) subjects with four (4) credit passes including Sinhala/ Tamil, English, and Mathematics at one sitting.
Having passed all the subjects in G.C.E. (Advanced Level) examinations at one sitting (except the General paper). Passing 3 subjects under the old syllabus at one sitting.
- Shall be not less than 18 years and not more than 30 years of age on the closing date of application.
Method of Selection:
Shortlisted applicants based on qualification and experience will be called for an interview.
Salary is based on the Management Services Circular No.01/2016 of 24.03.2016.
- Shall be a citizen of Sri Lanka
- Shall be of good character and sound physical health
- English language communication skills (verbal and written) is preferable.
- High computer literacy is preferable.
Conditions for engaging Employment:
- Officers belong to Combined Services will be recruited on transfer basis and persons outside the Government service will be recruited on contract basis.
- Appointment will be initially for one year period on contract basis and extension of service will be based on the period of the project and successful performance of the employee.
All Applicants are requested to forward their applications together with Curriculum Vitae giving educational, professional qualifications and experience along with two non- related referees and copies of the certificates under registered cover on or before 20th May, 2018 to reach the address given below.
Post applied for should be clearly stated on the left hand corner of the envelope containing the Application.
Applicants currently in government/semi government service should forward their applications through the Heads of Institutions and a copy of the application should be sent directly to ensure that the application reaches on time.
Ministry of Primary Industries
- Download the Advertisement