Ministry of Primary Industries
Agriculture Sector Modernization Project
Component 1: Agriculture Value Chain Development
International Development Agency of the World Bank has agreed for a Country Partnership Strategy (CPS) in two areas namely; “Supporting structural shifts in the economy” and “Improved living standards and social inclusion”. In view of achieving the above strategic objectives, Component 1 of the project for Agriculture Sector Modernization Project, Value Chain Development promotes commercial and export oriented agriculture; attract and leverage investments from farmer producer organizations and agribusiness for high value agriculture production and value addition; and provides the enabling environment, incentives and access to finance for such investments through matching grants, technical assistants support, linkages to the commercial banking sector, and a Partial Credit Guarantee (PCG) facility. The project implementation period is 5 years and estimated cost of the project is US$ 102.73 million.
Applications are invited from experienced and qualified citizens of Sri Lanka to fill the following positions in the Agriculture Sector Modernization Project under Ministry of Primary Industries.
1. Office Aid/ Messenger – 01 Post (Colombo)
- Having passed the G.C.E (O/L) examination in six (6) subjects with credit passes for at least two subjects in not more than two sittings.
- Shall be not less than 18 years and not more than 45 years of age on the closing date of application.
2. Driver – 05 Posts (Colombo) and 02 Posts (Galle, Vavuniya)
- Having passed G.C.E. (O/L) Examination in six subjects (6) at least with two credit passes including Sinhala/Tamil language at not more than two sittings.
- Shall have possessed a valid driving license issued by the Commissioner General of Motor Traffic with regard to driving of private/hiring cars and station wagons tare of which less than 24 CWT. (A driving license in vehicle Class C and C1 or a driving license in Class B under new procedure shall have been obtained at least before five (05) years from the date of recruitment)
- Shall have a fair knowledge on the Highway Code.
- Shall posses 3 years’ experience as a driver of Motor vehicles (The experience shall be proved by certificates)
- Shall be the minimum height of 5ft.
- Shall be of sound physical health and good eyesight so as perform duties during day and night. This should be proved by a proper certificate issued by a government medical officer.
- Shall be not less than 18 years and not more than 45 years of age on the closing date of application
- The applicant shall bear an excellent moral character. And that should be provided by a certificate from a Grama Niladhari in the area.
Method of Selection:
Shortlisted applicants based on qualification and experience will be called for an interview.
Salary is based on the Management Services Circular No.01/2016 of 24.03.2016.
- Shall be a citizen of Sri Lanka
- Shall be of good character and sound physical health
- Sinhala/ Tamil language communication skills (verbal and written) are preferable.
Conditions for engaging Employment:
- Officers belong to Combined Services will be recruited on transfer basis and persons outside the Government service will be recruited on contract basis.
- The appointment will be initially for one year period on a contract basis and extension of service will be based on the period of the project and successful performance of the employee.
All Applicants are requested to forward their applications together with Curriculum Vitae giving educational, professional qualifications and experience along with two non- related referees and copies of the certificates under registered cover on or before 15th October 2017 to reach the address given below.
Post applied for should be clearly stated on the left-hand corner of the envelope containing the Application.
Applicants currently in government/semi-government service should forward their applications through the Heads of Institutions and a copy of the application should be sent directly to ensure that the application reaches on time.
Ministry of Primary Industries
Level 16, “Suhurupaya”
15th October, 2017
- Download the Advertisement